Thursday, 26 August 2010

Its raining again....

...and its making me feel miserable. Its August and its raining. Baring in mind though, this year we have had some very nice weather indeed and I have bbq'd and got burnt more than once and laid in the sunshine and relaxed in a beer garden....

but its still making me feel miserable.

So here's a poem about pirates....


Deep in the cavern as the tide flows low,
Time now of the essence let the cargo flow,
Salt drying coarsely on my ample face,
Heave Ho me hearties, there’s no time to waste,

The ship tugs taught on its rope to the west,
Darkest of night time there’s no time for rest,
Shouts from the deck now to hurry the pace,
Heave Ho me hearties, there’s no time to waste,

Seaweed clings to my boots as I haul,
Years of practice, I don’t feel at all,
Hot thrill of smuggling is all I taste,
Heave Ho me hearties, there’s no time to waste,

Promise of gold makes the men work hard,
Tidal pools now start to fill the yard,
Loading up the cave now becomes a race,
Heave Ho me hearties, there’s no time to waste,

Last few crates loaded off the ship,
Evacuate the cavern now the tides let slip,
Back into the boughs over the blackest foam,
Heave Ho me hearties, we need to get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment